[Jump to Civic Health Survey preliminary results and feedback.]
Engaged communities are healthier and better at fixing problems.
Engage St Pete is a 12-month project implemented by the League of Women Voters of the St Petersburg Area and funded by the Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg. The project seeks to improve civic engagement in St Pete because civic health is vital to the overall health and well-being of our community. Through the many forms of civic engagement – volunteerism, electoral participation and more – community members and organizations have the opportunity to use knowledge, information, skills and their personal voices to solve problems and cultivate positive change. The project works to improve engagement through research, collaborative partnerships, and innovative educational and design-thinking approaches.
Civic Health Survey
Under the first phase of the project, the Civic Health Survey will produce a baseline measure of civic engagement in the City St. Petersburg by looking at a broad range of engagement and participation – from voting, to volunteering, to connecting with and supporting neighbors. The data will be used in collaboration with community stakeholders to develop innovative solutions for improving and supporting civic engagement by St Pete residents. The survey results will also support some of the City of St. Petersburg’s measures with respect to the STAR Community Rating System. The final report will be public so that the information can help all community organizations better support people to be heard and make change happen.
The survey was live from January 31 – March 8, 2019, and received responses from over 1,200 residents from across all city zip codes. From mid-May to the end of June 2019, the preliminary findings will be presented to community organizations to hear their feedback and enrich the understanding of the data. If your organization or neighborhood is interested to participate in this community consultation process, please contact us at EngageStPete@lwvspa.org.
In the second phase of the project, the findings from the Civic Health Survey will inform a Design Thinking process to develop interventions to improve the civic health of our community. Design Thinking is an innovative approach to change that brings the tools of the designer to complex human problems with a focus on optimism and human-centered solutions. We will convene a collaborative group of key stakeholders with vested interest in improving civic engagement and use the Design Thinking method to develop a deeper and human-centered understanding of civic engagement, create prototype solutions targeted to the community’s specific challenges and opportunities, and transform these prototypes into a pilot initiative (and grant proposal) on which stakeholders can move forward together. If your organization is interested in joining the Engage St Pete Collaborative and being part of this Design Thinking process, please contact us at EngageStPete@lwvspa.org.
ENGAGE ST. PETE CIVIC HEALTH SURVEY GIFT CARD DRAWING RULES & WINNERS LIST
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Engage St. Pete Civic Health Survey Gift Card Drawing (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by League of Women Voters of the St. Petersburg Area, Inc. (“LWVSPA”) with the support of the League of Women Voters Florida Education Fund, Inc. (“LWVFED”) and the Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg, Inc. (“FHSP”) (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”). Promotion is only offered in the following St. Petersburg-area zip codes: 33701, 33702, 33703, 33704, 33705, 33707, 33709, 33710, 33711, 33712, 33713, 33714, 33715, 33716, and 33762 (the “Promotion Area”). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. LWVSPA shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, entry or other deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all its decisions are final and binding in all Promotion-related matters. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of LWVSPA and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
- Promotion begins on January 31, 2019. Entry deadline is March 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”). Drawing to determine potential winners will be held on March 15, 2019. LWVSPA’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal United States resident living within the Promotion Area (above).
- Employees and volunteers of Promotion Parties who are directly involved in this Promotion or the Engage St. Pete project, current board members of Promotion Parties, employees or representatives of any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of the Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
PRIZES, ODDS & RESTRICTIONS
- Prizes (40): $25 Visa gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $25.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Gift card prizes may need to be registered prior to initial use and are subject to all terms and conditions thereon as well as any additional limitations or restrictions imposed by issuer. Visit http://usa.visa.com for more information. All prize details shall be at LWVSPA’s sole discretion. Each prize consists only of those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Each winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, and fees.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive any prize is not transferrable. Any prize not accepted by any winner is forfeited and no cash will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prizes may not be substituted except that LWVSPA in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Promotion Parties. Promotion Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Other restrictions apply.
- Entries will be accepted beginning January 31, 2019 at 12:01 AM ET and ending March 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Entry Period”). To enter, you must complete the brief and confidential Engage St. Pete Civic Health Survey (the “Survey”), then complete and submit the attached official entry form during the Entry Period. There are two (2) ways to enter: (a) Online: To enter online, visit http://www.takethepoll.org or http://www.engagestpete.org and complete the Survey, then follow the instructions to complete the official entry form with all required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and age or date of birth (the “Required Information”) during the Entry Period; or (b) In-Person: You can complete a Survey and entry in-person during select public St. Petersburg area events involving LWVSPA during the Entry Period. Just look for a LWVSPA volunteer distributing Surveys at the event. Complete a Survey, then follow the instructions to complete the attached numbered official entry form with all Required Information and return it to the LWVSPA volunteer or drop it into the official entry container (if applicable). (For a current schedule of LWVSPA events, visit https://lwvspa.org/engage-st-pete).
The online entry pages above and LWVSPA’s website at https://lwvspa.org are referred to collectively as the “Promotion Pages.” These are the only methods of entry. Entries will not be accepted via U.S. mail, e-mail, or any other method.
- All entries must be received by LWVSPA no later than March 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by LWVSPA. LWVSPA will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Regardless of method, limit one (1) entry per person or e-mail address. Additional entries received from any such person or e-mail address thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, or the submission of false contact information under multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, accounts or logins) or any other devices or artifices to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries are prohibited and suspected or detected entry method violations may void some or all entries submitted by that entrant, in LWVSPA’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must include a working daytime telephone number or valid e-mail address for the entrant. LWVSPA is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are undeliverable because of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message, or any form of passive, or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the potential winner agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
- Entrants who fail to provide any Required Information may be disqualified without further notification by LWVSPA. LWVSPA is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. LWVSPA reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of LWVSPA and will not be returned or acknowledged.
WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
- On March 15, 2019, or within a reasonable time thereafter, LWVSPA or its designee will randomly choose forty (40) names from all timely entries Subject to verification of eligibility, the persons whose names are so drawn will be declared the winners. LWVSPA reserves the right to award fewer than the stated number of prizes if it does not receive an adequate number of properly submitted and eligible entries.
- LWVSPA will contact each potential winner using the information supplied by winner on his or her entry form. Each winner must respond to LWVSPA within forty-eight (48) hours of initial notification by e-mail or telephone. Each winner must provide his or her full name and complete mailing address (street addresses only; no P.O. Boxes will be accepted) and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to execute and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents (together with the contact information, the “Verification Paperwork”) to LWVSPA within seven (7) days of initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. LWVSPA in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of Verification Paperwork from any or all winners via fax or e-mail.
- Prizes will be mailed to verified winners via U.S. mail to the addresses on winners’ entry forms or provided by winners. If any prize is mailed or shipped, winner shall assume all risk of loss, damage, theft, late or missed delivery. Winners may choose to pick up prizes in person by visiting LWVSPA offices during regular business hours (Tuesdays through Thursdays, 10:00 AM ET to 2:00 PM ET) and presenting valid photo ID. Upon fulfilling any prize, LWVSPA will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner and such winner assumes full responsibility for the prize. Winners should allow up to thirty (30) days after verification of eligibility to receive prize.
- If any potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, LWVSPA within the time stated above, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, LWVSPA in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
- Promotion Parties may, in their sole discretion, post the verified winners’ names (first name, last initial only) on the Promotion Pages and/or any of Promotion Parties’ respective websites, including https://lwvspa.org/, and on or in any of LWVSPA’s social media pages or channels. Except as provided in these Official Rules or otherwise required by law, LWVSPA is not responsible for entering any correspondence or discussion regarding any Promotion results.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Promotion, you agree that Promotion Parties, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook“), any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including but not limited to: failed, incomplete, misdirected, corrupted, garbled or delayed transmissions, telephone connections, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website; or disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic; or entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by LWVSPA by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the selection or announcement of the winners or prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winners, the prizes or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO any prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF any prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party. If, for any reason, any individual’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, that individual’s sole remedy is another entry, if it is possible.
- BY entering THE Promotion, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Promotion, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- LWVSPA reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, if LWVSPA determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, regularly-scheduled maintenance, malfunction, or any other cause beyond LWVSPA’s control. In such an event, LWVSPA will post notice of same at the Promotion Pages and select the winners at random from all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as LWVSPA, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- LWVSPA reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if LWVSPA concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards LWVSPA or any other Promotion Party, entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including by using any prohibited device or method. Any failure by LWVSPA to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND LWVSPA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If LWVSPA determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, LWVSPA reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and any prize at any time.
- LWVSPA reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, LWVSPA reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or other participants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Florida law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
- By entering the Promotion, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Pinellas County, Florida, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Facebook is not a sponsor or endorser of this Promotion or of Promotion Parties. Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners and the use or mention of any such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners’ List (first name, last initial only), visit the Promotion Pages or https://lwvspa.org/engage-st-pete or mail a SASE to: Engage St. Pete Civic Health Survey c/o League of Women Voters of the St. Petersburg Area, Inc., 233 3rd Street North, St. Pete, FL 33701, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules.” Winners’ List will be available after April 15, 2019.
- Sponsor: League of Women Voters of the St. Petersburg Area, Inc.
List of events where paper copies of the survey were available from LWVSPA volunteers:
- Tue Feb 5, 4:45-6:30pm: Campbell Park Recreation Center, 601 14th St S
- Thu Feb 7, 4-6pm: Childs Park Recreation Center, 4301 13th Ave S
- Sat Feb 9, 11-3pm: Sanderlin Neighborhood Family Center, 2335 22nd Ave S
- Sun Feb 10, 12-2pm: St. Petersburg Main Library, 3745 9th Ave. N
- Mon Feb 11, 4-6pm: Frank W. Pierce Recreation Center, 2000 7th St. S
- Wed Feb 13, 10:30am-12:30pm: Enoch Davis Rec Center, 1111 18th Ave. S
- Sat Feb 16, 12-2pm: North Community Library, 861 70th Ave. N
- Sat Feb 16, 3-5pm: Johnson Community Library, 1059 18th Ave. S
- Tue Feb 19, 4-6pm: Gladden Park Recreation Center, 3901 30th Ave N
- Wed Feb 20, 5-7pm: Bay Vista Recreation Center, 7000 4th St. S
- Thu Feb 21, 4-6pm: Walter Fuller Recreation Center, 7891 26th Ave N
- Mon Feb 25, 4-6pm: Thomas ‘Jet’ Jackson Recreation Center, 1008 28th St. S.
- Tue Feb 26, 4-6pm: Lake Vista Recreation Center, 1401 62nd Ave. S
- Wed Feb 27, 4-6pm: Willis Johns Recreation Center, 6675 Dr. MLK St N
- Wed Feb 27, 6:30pm: AARP “Movies for Grown Ups” at AMC Sundial, 151 2nd Ave N
- Sat Mar 2, 12-2pm: St. Petersburg Main Library, 3745 9th Ave. N
- Tue Mar 5, 4:30-6:30pm: Roberts Center, 1246 50th Ave N
|Dwayne S.||Sanders R.||Tamika M.||Alexis T.|
|Sarah K.||Jennifer C.||Carmen T.||Bart C.|
|Kate J.||Elizabeth H.||Christina B.||Eileen S.|
|Tina R.||Rita W.||Brittany V.||Katie H.|
|Mary N.||Sally B.||Maureen S.||Terri C.|
|Nancy R.||Melissa N.||Sabine A.||Michael W.|
|Debra H.||Sarah S.||Amanda T.||Jennifer J.|
|Rosalyn C.||Antoinette B.||Linda H.||Roy C.|
|Emaline S.||Gypsy G.||Christine G.||Aileen P.|
|Debbie R.||Janice S.||Ronald M.||Monica C.|