Updated March 6, 2018
Your LWVSPA Sustainability Action Team is active, and we need your help to keep growing!
- Help promote the St. Pete Solar Co-ops! We are working with the City of St. Petersburg, Solar United Neighbors of Florida, Solar and Energy Loan Fund, the Suncoast Sierra Club, Chart 411, St Pete Eco-Village, and others to promote this clean energy initiative, for which the City generously provided one-year seed money last year.
- Help promote the Next Car Pledge from the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy! Electric vehicles are better for your pocketbook and the environment. Spread the word.
- Help strengthen partnerships with local governments and organizations. Currently, we are working with Pinellas County’s STAR Communities Initiative and the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, and many local governmental agencies on developing a West Coast Climate Compact, to reduce sea level rise and the impacts of climate change on our fragile coastal environments.
- Read more about the Climate Compact discussions here.
- Help us fight the Terrible 10 proposed constitutional amendments from the Constitutional Review Commission. Stay active and check out our main page for the next steps in this important fight.
- Help us plan the 2nd Annual Sunrise Over the Bay: Sustainability Summit coming up in September, which will focus on keeping our area waters clean and developing a stronger infrastructure.
About the Sustainability Action Team
Co-Chairs: Claire Karas, Lisa Vanover, and Carol Marks
The Sustainability Action Team supports the St. Petersburg area in its ongoing efforts to plan strategically for the environmental needs of the future and educate the public to those needs. The League has long supported issues related to the environment; this group offers evolving outlets for those who wish to plan for and protect our community resources.
Request to join our LWVSPA Google Group listserv here. Contact Action Team Co-Chairs Lisa Vanover, Claire Karas, or Carol Marks to receive instructions on how to join our local team or the monthly conference call.