Did you know you can register to vote online? It takes 2 minutes! RegisterToVoteFlorida.gov
Voting has never been easier. Request mail ballots and take advantage of voting in the comfort of your own home. https://www.votepinellas.com/VoteByMail
The League’s Voter Service goal is to help voters make informed ballot decisions. This committee provides non-partisan, unbiased, factual information on candidates and election issues – and – promotes citizen participation in elections.
Voter Service volunteers impact our community by:
- Registering citizens to vote.
- Identifying other community organizations & individuals interested in promoting an informed and active electorate.
- Promoting voter turnout on election day, with special focus on groups with historically low turnout.
- Partnering with community organizations to Get Out The Vote (GOTV).
- Educating the community on basic registration and voting information.
- Providing key election dates and deadlines.
- Informing the public about changes in election law.
- Surveying local and state candidates for their responses to issue-based questions for publication. The Pinellas County Voter Guide is an online community resource for election and voting information.
- Researching all sides of local ballot issues and creating “yes vote” and “no vote” analysis statements for publication in the Voter Guide.
- Conducting candidate forums, observing state and national League guidelines to assure fairness and impartiality.
For more general information or to schedule our Voter Education and/or Registration Services email our office.
Democracy is not a spectator sport! Voting is just the start. Encourage your family, friends & others to Vote and get involved in the election process!
To join the LWVSPA’s Voter Service efforts, contact Action Group lead: Raechel Garafalo
Jennifer Lawless, Director of American University’s Women & Politics Institute, offers practical suggestions for how new technologies, national service programs, and well-strategized public service campaigns could generate political ambition in young people.