Be part of the League of Women Voters
of the St. Petersburg Area. Join or renew today.
Help us make democracy work!
League members are women and men who make a visible difference. We serve as local leaders, using our talents and experience to create lasting change in our community. Membership helps give the League of Women Voters of the St. Petersburg Area (LWVSPA) the clout needed to empower citizens and be a force for change. Your voice will be heard.
We offer five levels of membership, and memberships above Individual may include two members of the same household:
- Carrie Chapman Catt (Gold), $250
- Susan B. Anthony (Silver), $125
- Household, $78
- Individual, $52
- Student, $26
A portion of our dues supports state and national activities, and you automatically receive membership in the Florida League of Women Voters and the League of the U.S. when you join our League.
There are two ways to join or to renew—through PayPal or by check.
1) Select a level of membership and pay through PayPal, thencomplete our member questionnaire.
2) Please complete our member questionnaire and mail with a check for your chosen membership level. (Check payable to LWVSPA. Our mailing address is LWVSPA, P.O. Box 11775, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-1775.)
Membership is Open to All
Don’t let our name fool you; membership is open to men, too. New members are welcome at any time and are encouraged, but not required, to take part in League activities. Voting members of the League are U.S. citizens at least 18 years of age. Persons under 18 and those who are not U.S. citizens become associate members of the League. Local members are automatically members of the state and national Leagues.
Join us to add your voice to the work of the most respected and effective grassroots organizations in this country, and shape the issues that ensure fairness and strength!
Help us keep our membership growing!
Membership couldn’t come at a better time. The challenges in our polarized political environment are great. Join now to ensure the vitality of our League, to help our democracy overcome the challenges of today and tomorrow, and to protect all that the League of Women Voters of the St. Petersburg Area has worked hard for over the years.
With your annual membership comes:
- Free subscription to our Voter newsletter and the Florida League’s Voter newsletter
- Personal copy of Florida League’s Special Election Edition Voter Guide, containing educational information about the constitutional amendments, statewide candidates and Supreme Court Justices on the ballot
- Invitations to Florida League’s “Florida on the Line” conference calls and webinars with national authors and experts
- Access to local and state League events, including forums, seminars, luncheons and more
- Discounts on members-only League trips, including delegation visits to Cuba and eco-safaris
- Email updates throughout legislative session, including weekly Capitol Report
- Email newsletters and action alerts
Membership dues are not tax deductible. We welcome tax deductible contributions to our Education Fund.