The overall goal of the project is to make voting and civic participation fun, easy, and popular among Pinellas County youth in the LGBTQ+ community. We want civic participation to be a positive, empowering experience for all citizens and recognize that there are voter suppression tactics that disproportionately impact LGB and transgender or gender-nonconforming people, people of color, etc.
The Equality Voter campaign team oversees the following activities:
- Speakers’ bureau (presentations tailored to audience, interest, relevant news and upcoming events)
- Youth Project Stipends to introduce LGBTQ+ young people and allies to civic engagement and empower their active participation.
- Education and voter assistance for trans and non-binary voters
- St. Pete artist, John Gascot, is teaming up with the League of Women Voters to add some Latin Pop Art to 556 Central Ave.
- A Little Hocus Pocus is coming to *Drag* Out the Vote!
- Friday, October 30 at 7 pm
- Facebook & YouTube Live
- Starring Daphne Ferrero, Kathryn Nevets, and Chi Chi Lalique
Resources for Pinellas County Voters
Here the information you’ll need to vote in Pinellas County:
- Register to vote online at RegisterToVoteFlorida.gov
- Check your voter registration status
- Request and track your mail ballot at VotePinellas.com/VoteByMail
- Educate yourself about the candidates with our Voter Guide
- Be empowered to cast your ballot using
If it’s Election Day and you have a question that need an immediate answer, call the LWVSPA office at 727-295-5255 and trained volunteers will be available to help.
Guidance for Pinellas County Trans Voters
http://www.votingwhiletrans.org – Join the National Center for Transgender Equality’s “Voting While Trans” campaign to educate and prepare trans people on how to vote in light of new voter ID laws.